A classic local pub that just keeps getting better with age!
• The Best Food Around We take our food seriously at The Herne! Head chef Ben Hughes and his team make just about everything in-house, from the sourdough bread to the delicious puddings. Have you tried our fish & chips? Fresh haddock, crisp beer batter, triple-cooked chips, and a touch of dill in the tartare sauce…as good as it gets.
• Sunday Roasts The Herne Sunday roast is in demand these days! Word is spreading. Among the three great roasts on offer might be 28-day aged rump of Rose County beef and slow-roasted Dingley Dell pork belly, all of them served with our glorious gravy, light-as-a-feather Yorkshire puddings, and seasonal veg.
• Quiz Night It kicks of every Sunday at 8pm. Sharpen your pencil, sharpen your brain…there’s cash to be won.
• Live Music We love live music at The Herne and every last Friday of the month we have something going on…check our social media feeds and website for the latest news.
• Parties We can host a fantastic party inside our classic pub or in our romantic Garden Room at the end of the huge garden. Get in touch and we’ll help you get it on.
• Weddings We’re proud of our wedding hosting. We can provide a personal, romantic and affordable day for you and your friends and family. Give us a call and we can talk through what you’re after — it’s your day after all!